Vino in the Valley Passport Program
March 5 & 6, 12 & 13, 19 & 20, 26, 2016*
(*Please note: Our wineries will be closed on Sunday, March 27 for the Easter holiday.)
The wine enthusiast knows that March means being out and about touring the 9 wineries along the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail for food and wine pairings, and a month of fun.
The Vino in the Valley Passport Program along the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail involves purchasing a passport for $35 and then planning a strategy to visit each of the wineries during the four weekends in March.
As you visit our nine member wineries you will be offered delicious wine and food pairings (tasting sized) to sample. (Review the food and wine pairings HERE.) Your passport will be stamped during each visit and entered into a Grand Prize Drawing for additional prizes once it is completed with stamps from eight of our nine wineries. Each passport holder also receives a gift. This year’s gift is a fun, event t-shirt.
It is recommended that you plan on visiting no more than three wineries a day so you can get the most enjoyment out of your experience without being rushed. Plan to stop at a local restaurant along the way from winery to winery as there are many great options.
Since our wineries are all family-owned and operated, we each have our own set of house rules. So please check with individual wineries if you have any questions. We look forward to meeting you on the trail!
(Sorry, but we do not offer refunds on already-purchased passports.)
How the Vino in the Valley Passport Program Works:
- Purchase a passport for $35, either in person at one of our 9 member wineries, or online. (Passport program participants must be age 21 or older.)
- During the four weekends of March (Saturdays and Sundays), visit our member wineries to enjoy a food and wine pairing (tasting sized) and have your passport stamped in the corresponding winery box on the front.
- Get stamps from at least 8 of our 9 wineries before filling out your contact information on the bottom of the front side of the passport.
- Tear it off and turn it in at the last winery you visit in order to be entered to win one of 30 $25 wine trail gift certificates in the Grand Prize Drawing.
- Pick up your passport holder event gift – a wine trail event t-shirt – at the winery indicated by your passport number. Gifts must be picked up by March 31, 2016.
Passport Program Rules
- A passport is required to receive food and wine pairings at each winery. Food is tasting-sized portions.
- Each passport holder is entitled to ONE food and wine pairing per winery throughout the four-weekend duration of the event.
- No alcohol of any kind may be brought into winery premises.
- Visibly intoxicated guests will not be served in accordance with the law.
- Please respect our SIX wine taste limit.
- Non-passport guests are not entitled to the food and wine pairings.
- Passport holders must pick up their gift by no later than March 31, 2016.
No commercial vehicles of any type (buses, limos, vans, etc.) are allowed at the 9 member wineries during weekends in March. If you are traveling by car with a group of 8 or more people, appointments, scheduled in advance, are required at each winery you plan to visit.
Tips for Enjoying the Wine Trail
- Start at any winery, visit all 9.
- Consider beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday and noon on Sunday.
- In general, Sundays are less busy than Saturdays.
- If you will be traveling all day long, pack a snack or stop by a local restaurant.
- We strongly discourage trying to visit all 9 wineries in one day. Anyone, regardless of whether they are the driver or not, can be denied a wine tasting if it appears they are impaired. Remember: little tastes add up!
- We treat our wineries as if they are our homes, which in many cases they are. As our guests we appreciate your patience, consideration and respect.